The Backup Boot Flash Kit (SO16W) is used as a Serial Flash Emulator for easy code development to reduce your time to market. Our Backup Boot Flash Module (included) can be connected to the application by 2 different methods:
- On the Main Serial flash package soldered on board by using our SO16W Test Clip (included).
- On your application 2.54mm (2X5) BBF connector (if application designed with) by using the appropriate BBF cable (included).
Your application will work automatically on the backup SPI Flash inserted in our tool is SO16W socket that can be changed easily or even updated easily for new trials with our SF100 programmer (included). Our Kit is completely transparent for the application and will offer to developer high flexibility for code trials or update. The Kit is frequently used to boot failing computers and use the Flash Utility tools to update the corrupted Bios memory.
Please note that the BBF modules only support 3.3V/2.5V IC.
For offline programming demand only, it is recommended to use socket adaptor.
- Serial Flash emulator transparent for the application
- Compatible with most of the applications (no hardware modification needed)
- Disable automatically the main serial flash soldered on board (no need to remove it)
- Image download speed at 1Mbits/s to SPI flash and read at 2Mbits/s
- USB Interface
- Signal conflict protections
Application Hardware Requirement
- Pull up resistor between Hold Pin and Vcc if serial flash on the application is not removed (schematics available under request).
- Email to email@example.com for the schematic request.
- SF100 x 1:
- SF100 Programmer (SF100) to update both Backup Serial Flash x 1
- USB cable x 1
- SF100 ISP Cable (ISP1-CB) x 1
- Universal Adaptor (ISP-UADP-127) x 1, which also includes:
- SF100 ISP cable (BBF-CB) x1
- 1.27mm 2x4 cable with female header (CB-24-127) x1
- CD-ROM (Included Software, specifications and user manual) x 1
- BBF-16W x 1:
- Backup Boot Flash-SO16W(BBF-16W) x 1
- SO16 Connection Adaptor for BBF(BBF-CON-16) x 1, which also includes:
- 1.27mm pitch 2x8 SMT male header (10.3mm) x 2
- BBF cable with 2.54mm pitch 2x5 female header (BBF-CB) x 1
- 1.27mm 2x8 cable with female header (CB-28-127) x 1
- BBF Test Clip-SO16W(BBF-TC-16) x 1