The Dual SO8W Backup Boot Flash is an ingenious tool created by DediProg to force the application controller to work automatically on the two backup SPI Flash inserted in our tool SO8W sockets and no more on the two Main Serial Flash soldered on board. At the connection, the BBF tool will disable automatically the two Main Serial Flash that does not need to be unsoldered.
The BBF Dual SO8W tool allows working on two Backup Serial Flash providing that they are controlled by the same SPI bus and two different Chip select in the application board.
The BBF tool can be connected to the application with:
- Our BBF cable (included) to the application 2X5 2.54mm pin header.
- Our 2.54mm to 1.27mm cable adaptor-Dual Header( to be purchased separately) to our SMT 1.27mm Pin Headers (to be purchased separately) soldered in place of the Two Main Serial flash footprint for a better stability.
- Our Dual SO8 Test Clip (to be purchased separately) with one SO8 Test Clip to be connected on the First Serial flash package soldered on board and two individual test clips to be connected on the Chip select and Hold pin of the second serial Flash soldered on board (no need of connectors).
The two memories can be easily changed manually thanks to the two SO8W sockets or even updated by connecting our SF100 programmer that can update both SPI Flash independently. The SF100 programmer is completely transparent for the application and will offer to developer high flexibility for code trials or update. The BBF tool is frequently used to boot failing computers and use the Flash Utility tools to update the corrupted Bios memories.
Please note that the BBF modules only support 3.3V/2.5V IC.
For offline programming demand only, it is recommended to use socket adaptor.
- Compatible with most of the applications (no hardware modification needed)
- Disable automatically the two Main Serial Flash soldered on board (No need to unsolder it)
- The two Backup Serial Flash can be easily updated by connecting the SF100 programmer
Application Hardware Requirement
- The two Serial Flash Hold Pins must be pulled high through resistors (schematics available under request).
- The two application Serial Flash memories must use the same SPI bus and been driven by two different Chip select.
- Email to email@example.com for on-board reference schematic request.
- Download SF100 application note for further information [ AN0103 and AN0106 ].
- Backup Boot Flash with two SO8W sockets (BBF-D8W) x 1
- BBF cable with 2.54mm pitch 2x5 female header (BBF-CB) x 1
- SO8 Connection Adaptor for BBF (BBF-CON-8) x 1, which also includes:
- 1.27mm 2x4 SMT male header (10.3mm) x 2
- 1.27mm 2x4 SMT male header (6.0mm) x 2
- 1.27mm 2x4 cable with female header (CB-24-127) x 1
- BBF Grabber Cables For Dual SPI (BBF-Grabber-Cable) x 1
- SF100 Programmer to update the Backup Flash
- BBF Test Clip-Dual Flash(SO8) (BBF-2TC-8)